Images of the Library
Which library departments are hiring right now?
There are no departments in the library hiring at this time. Feel free to email your application and resume to any department for future consideration.
What can I do to better my chances of getting a job in the library?
- Enroll in and successfully complete the LR 111 class. Good grades are a plus.
- When interviewing be professional in appearance.
- Be able to use good communication and grammar skills.
- Exhibit good public relations skills.
Types of Jobs in the Library
Circulation and Interlibrary Loan Services
Our students are the front line of the library. We look for positive, happy, and enthusiastic students who are willing to go the extra mile for their peers, faculty, staff, and community patrons. Our main job duties include; but are not restricted to reference for library and campus information, checkout services for books, media, camera/digital equipment, faculty Reserve materials, biology lab materials, and sheet music, shelving, reading & organizing shelves, campus delivery services; interlibrary loan services, and projects meant only for very adaptable and outgoing individuals.
To apply to Library Services, please email your resume and application to Sister Holderman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Cataloging and Serials
This position works as part of a team in the Technical Services department of the David O. McKay Library. The clerk will be responsible for a wide variety of tasks, including the following:
· Stamping, barcoding, and putting sensor strips in all new library materials
· Deleting/withdrawing of library materials no longer needed in the collection
· Printing call numbers for new library materials as well as older materials that need updates
· Book covering of library books
· Any other tasks as assigned
Qualifications: Knowledge of computers is required as well as proficient keyboarding skills. Any knowledge of Horizon software is a plus. Strong verbal communication skills are essential in addition to interpersonal skills and the ability to follow through on tasks. The clerk should be self-motivated, professional, and be able to work well both in groups and independently.
To apply for a position in the Cataloging and Serials department, please send an application and resume to email@example.com.
This position works as part of a team in the acquisitions department of the David O. McKay Library.
The clerk will be responsible for a variety of tasks, including the following:
- · Receive new books and materials in the Horizon acquisitions system.
- · Sort/invoice books received on approval/continuation.
- · Data entry in acq-mail system when items have been received.
- · Maintain files for POs, invoices, and monthly statements.
- · Responsible for returning damaged/duplicate material.
- · Any other tasks as assigned.
· Knowledge of computers is required as well as proficient keyboarding skills. Any knowledge of Horizon software is a plus.
· Strong Verbal communication skills are essential in addition to interpersonal skills
· Must be able to maintain a strong attention to detail, as well as the ability to follow through on tasks.
· Self-motivated, professional, and be able to work well both in groups and independently.
To apply for a position in the Acquisitions department, please send an application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Collections & Archives
Special Collections & Archives hires students to help with processing and describing campus records and other local history materials.
Positions typically hired
1) Transcription: transcribes audio or paper documents into electronic forms. Requires use of computers, basic word processing software. Proficiency in grammar, spelling, etc. very helpful. Preferred accurate typing speed above 35 wpm.
2) Reading Room/Archives: maintain customer access point in the Reading room. Help process archives, manuscripts and other collections.
To apply for positions in the Special Collections and Archives department, please send an application and resume to email@example.com
Employees work to scan, process and upload sensitive and fragile archival materials.
Employees must be dependable and willing to learn new processes. Employees must become familiar with all programs used for these processes. Knowledge of Photoshop and InDesign are helpful.
If you are interested in this position please send your application and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply to Library Services, follow this link to recieve application instructions: David O Mckay Libray-Library Services Applications
For any other library department please follow the directions below:
Download and complete this application. Email, with resume, to all library departments you are interested in. Email addresses are provided in box to the left.