Electronic Journals Available
Journal of Chemical Education
PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences)
Science Online (AAAS)
(1997-current) Full-text access to the Science journal directly from the publisher.
1993 to present.
Use these article databases to find articles from scholarly journals to use in your research.
- American Chemical Society journals Full-text access to all ACS journals online.
- Elsevier Journals (Science Direct) Over 620 full-text research journals from Elsevier. The years for which full-text is available will vary for each journal.
- SciFinder Scholar (CAS) The CAS databases provide access to: >23 million single- and multi-step reactions; >2 billion predicted property values; >4 million experimental properties; the CAS REGISTRY database with >53 million substances; all relevant patent records from 9 of the major patent offices; sequences combined from CAS and GenBank databases.
- Academic Search Premier (Ebsco) General database for nearly 4,600 publications, including nearly 3,500 (scholarly) peer-reviewed journals.
- BIOSIS: Biological Abstracts Comprehensive periodical index for Life Sciences. Abstracts only.
- JSTOR Large database of scholarly materials on multiple topics. Does not include the latest 2-5 years, but very extensive.
- OmniFile (Wilson) General databse for business, education, science, humanities, social sciences, general
- ProQuest Direct (UMI) General database for 4,000+ periodicals, many full-text. This link searches multiple databases, including Research Library, ABI/Inform, Dissertations & Theses, & ProQuest Newspapers.
- PubMed Central PubMed Central (PMC) is an electronic archive of full-text journal articles, offering free access to its contents. PMC contains over half a million articles, most of which have a corresponding entry in PubMed.
- SIRS Full-text articles on arts, humanities, government & general research.
- Web of Science (ISI) A selective index to literature in Science, Social Science and Art & Humanities. It also shows the number of times articles have been cited by other researchers.
- Wiley InterScience Journals Access: Current titles only; no backfiles. Content from >2,500 journals, books, reference works, databases, lab manuals & The Cochrane Library of Medicine.
- Annual Reviews Scholarly review articles in the fields of biological and medical sciences, physical sciences, and social sciences.
- JAMA, The Journal of the American Medical Association (1998-present)
- New England Journal of Medicine (1993-present)
- PNAS (Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences) 1915-present. Full text and abstracts from every issue of this important science journal, including the Early Edition.
- Science Online (AAAS) (1997-current) Full-text access to the Science journal directly from the publisher.
- Scientific American Archive Online Full color PDF images of all Scientific American articles from Jan. 1993 to present.