Use these article databases to find articles from scholarly journals to use in your research.
BIOCHEMISTRY DATABASES / RESOURCES
- American Chemical Society journals Full-text access to all ACS journals online.
- Elsevier Journals (Science Direct) Over 620 full-text research journals from Elsevier. The years for which full-text is available will vary for each journal.
GENERAL AND SCIENCE DATABASES
- Academic Search Premier (Ebsco) General database for nearly 4,600 publications, including nearly 3,500 (scholarly) peer-reviewed journals.
- Annual Reviews - Scholarly review articles in the fields of biological and medical sciences, physical sciences, and social sciences.
- BioOne - Full-text peer-reviewed online journals in the biosciences.
- BIOSIS: Biological Abstracts Comprehensive periodical index for Life Sciences. Abstracts only.
- CINAHL (Ebsco) - Abstracts from 1200+ journals in nursing and allied health disciplines. Includes Pre-CINAHL
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition - Provides nearly 550 scholarly full text journals focusing on many medical disciplines. Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition also features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide, which covers 1,300 generic drug patient education sheets with more than 4,700 brand names.
- Highwire Press - from Stanford.
- JSTOR Large database of scholarly materials on multiple topics. Does not include the latest 2-5 years, but very extensive.
- MEDLINE (EBSCO) - Provides authoritative medical information on medicine, nursing, dentistry, veterinary medicine, the health care system, pre-clinical sciences, and much more.
- OmniFile (Wilson) General databse for business, education, science, humanities, social sciences, general
- ProQuest Direct (UMI) General database for 4,000+ periodicals, many full-text. This link searches multiple databases, including Research Library, ABI/Inform, Dissertations & Theses, & ProQuest Newspapers.
- PubMed Central PubMed Central (PMC) is an electronic archive of full-text journal articles, offering free access to its contents. PMC contains over half a million articles, most of which have a corresponding entry in PubMed.
- SAGE Full-Text Online Journals - Full-text access to 480+ journals in Business, Humanities, Social Sciences, and Science, Technology and Medicine from SAGE Publications.
- SIRS Full-text articles on arts, humanities, government & general research.
- SpringerLink - (Journals 1997+; E-books 2006-2010.) Online access to 1,300 Science, Technology & Medicine journals, 12,000 e-books (2005+), & the entire Springer Protocols collection (20,000).
- Springer Protocols - More than 20,000 searchable online protocols in life sciences and biomedicine. They provide step-by-step “recipes” which can be executed in a controlled laboratory environment.
- Web of Knowledge (ISI) A selective index to literature in Science, Social Science and Art & Humanities. It also shows the number of times articles have been cited by other researchers.
- Wiley Online Library Access: Current titles only; no backfiles. Content from >2,500 journals, books, reference works, databases, lab manuals & The Cochrane Library of Medicine.